Pages

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Old UFO that I am going to start working on


Having finished the thirty glasses' cases that I made for my Women's Auxiliary reunion, tomorrow I am going to dig out my oldest UFO (besides my two Birdsville quilts) and make a start on it. Here's a picture of it below.


The row by row was a swap one that I took part in about 9-10 years ago at least, as part of the Scquilters' online patchwork group, which is the Yahoo group dedicated to Aussies and Kiwis no matter where they live. I have been a part of this wonderful group now for about 13 years.


I supplied the background fabric which I must take a photograph of (wish I had bought more and I have no idea who the manufacturer was, as I cannot find a selvedge in what fabric I had left, with their name on it. I love the fabric because it reminds me of the ocean. The row that I made was the row with the square in a square block in it, fourth from the bottom. The cat row I remember was made by a lovely lady, Leonie Gittins (also a very gifted patchwork teacher) who lives in the Sunshine Coast hinterland, about 40 minutes drive from where I live.


3 comments:

Vickie said...

wow Bern that is going to look awesome when all done..love the cat row,cheers Vickie

Deborah said...

You have really captured the blue greens of the Australian ocean on a sunny day... This quilt i am sure will give great joy and bring back many happy memories.

Delia (Del) said...

Bern this is a wonderful quilt.
Can't wait to see it finished.
have you finished the Birdsville one?
Delia